From the very beginning, Hadassah's pacesetting progress has set the standard for medicine in Israel. This standard is a standard of excellence. An impressive list of achievements – each of them trailblazing – is testimony to Hadassah's vision and mission. Today, the Hadassah Medical Organization continues to march forward to make the world a better place through healing, teaching and research.
From Hadassah’s first hospital on Jerusalem’s Street of the Prophets – a gift of the Rothschild family in 1918 – the Hadassah University Medical Organization, now includes two university hospitals in Jerusalem – on Mt. Scopus and in Ein Kerem. The flagship of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc., its two hospitals have 1,000 beds, 31 operating theaters, nine specially oriented intensive care units and five schools of allied medical professions, owned and operated in collaboration with the Hebrew University.
Hadassah's extensive network of satellite services provides community healthcare programs, specialized outpatient clinics and services in several city neighborhoods and nearby towns, as well as consultation clinics in the center of Jerusalem and in Tel Aviv.