Education & Fellowships:
- Fellowship in Adult Corneal and External Diseases of the Eye, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (2002-2004)
- Fellowship in Pediatric Corneal and External Diseases of the Eye, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (2002-2004)
- Research Fellowship in Corneal Genetics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (2003-2004)
- Residency and Fellowship in Ophthalmology, Meir General Hospital, Kfar-Saba, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University. (1994-2000).
- Medical School - Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel (1986-1993).
Overseeing the treatment of over 6000 patients per year with corneal diseases, cataract, pterygium, and all external diseases of the eye as well general eye diseases at the Department of Ophthalmology in Meir General Hospital, Kfar-Saba, Israel and Private Clinic at Beit-Dor, Kfar-Saba and Eintal Hospital in Tel Aviv.
The range of treatments includes diagnosis, pharmacological (medication), and surgical treatment of all corneal and external diseases of the eye including:
- Cataract surgery – including complex cases (Phacoemulsification)
- Premium intra-ocular lens (IOL) implantation (multifocal, toric, combined multifocal-toric IOL)
- Pediatric cataract surgery
- Pterygium excision – combined with conjunctival graft and Mitomycin C application (This special technique reduces the recurrence rate significantly to 2%).
- Corneal transplantation
- Conventional penetrating keratoplasty
- Advanced endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK)
- Corneal transplantation in infants and young children
- Excision of corneal and conjunctival tumors (congenital limbal dermoid, CIN, melanoma).
- Personal surgical experience:
- More than 8,000 cataract surgeries
- More than 1500 pterygium excisions
- More than 600 corneal transplantations
- Head of Corneal Services in the Department of Ophthalmology, Meir General Hospital, Kfar-Saba, Israel
- In charge of CME program at Sackler school of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Edited a special "Eye" issue on corneal diseases
- Member of the Israel Ophthalmology Society and Corneal, cataract, and refractive surgery working groups
- Member of the European and American Cataract and Refractive Surgery Societies (ESCRS, ASCRS)
- Lecturer in Ophthalmology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University
- Taught hundreds of students and Ophthalmology fellows.
- Tutor to many MD thesis works.